Guide to Alert Level 1 Covid Restriction in the Philippines
After several months under alert level 3, the Philippine government finally lowered the Covid restriction down to level 1. Metro Manila along with 38 other cities will now experience the benefits of alert level 1 starting March 1 – 15, 2022. It was announced by Acting Presidential Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
The changes were made as a response to the decreasing number of Covid positive all over the country, which is lower at the time of writing compared to the previous period. As such, everyone living in those areas will have relaxed quarantine restrictions. With that said, here are the things that you can do within alert level 1. Apart from that, we also included other essential information to keep you and your family secure amidst these new changes.
Dos and don’ts of places under alert level 1 Covid restrictions
- Business establishments are now allowed to fully operate. This includes malls, restaurants, supermarkets, and more.
- Public transport vehicles can carry more passengers compared to the limitations during alert level 3.
- There are no restrictions to the movement of people in public places, other than the usual safety guidelines against Coronavirus-like wearing of face masks, social distancing, and frequent washing of hands.
- There are no restrictions to indoor and outdoor activities and the number of people attending gatherings.
- Everyone can travel regardless of age and medical condition. This includes kids, older people or senior citizens, and pregnant women.
With the reduced quarantine restrictions, everyone can finally go to various tourist destinations, attend special events like birthdays and weddings, and visit amusement parks. Plus, eating inside the restaurants and malls. Just keep in mind that the local government units can still tweak some things depending on their location and the business establishments involved.
Fun activities to do during alert level 1
On the other hand, since things are starting to go back to normal, why not consider doing something fun? Perhaps you can go back to your dream vacation that you had to cancel at the last minute two years ago because of the mandatory lockdowns. Or, make your business better? Whatever it is, doing something productive these days is very beneficial on your end.
However, in case you cannot think of something fun to do, here are some tips that you might like. Try doing one of these along with your loved ones and you will have a blast!
Have a chit chat with your friends
Because of several changes of quarantine restrictions in the Philippines amidst Covid 19, a lot of people were not able to go out with their friends anymore. Thankfully, the advancement of technology and communications made the limitations a little bit tolerable.
Now that everyone under alert level 1 is already allowed to travel, maybe this is the right time to have some quality time with your peers outside the usual virtual hangouts you had for the longest time.
Tip: Call your closest friends and plan a weekend getaway together. You can go to the beach and swim, go hiking in the mountains, and even learn to skateboard if you wanted more fun.
In case you cannot leave your house that long because you are nursing a newborn baby or you have other obligations that need your attention, a few hours of coffee in a nearby café will surely do. What matters most is the time that you can spend with them. You can share insights about the things that you learned during the global pandemic and how you cope with the anxiety over everything. Surely, you can inspire each other while having some fun at the same time.
Begin a free summer class
Since summer is fast approaching and a lot of children will be free from school, why not have your summer classes? This is a very nice pastime that will help kids learn new things while on a vacation. In your summer classes, you can share your knowledge on certain things that they might not learn from school.
Or, open up classes for the youth who weren’t able to go to school out of financial incapacity. Certainly, your efforts will make a huge impact on their lives. Remember, not everyone has the heart to do it.
Tip: For example, if you love arts and design, teach your students how to draw flawlessly using their band papers or sketchbooks.
You can also share your insights from their modules. Like the evolution of mankind, different human body parts, and several math problems. Modules had been a huge challenge for most students. Why? It is a self-study form of learning. Surely, they will appreciate hearing someone explain things better for them.
Bring your family to the province
If you wanted to relax for a few days, why not stay away from the city for a while? Bring your family to your province and visit your relatives. Doing so will help you see more nature while relieving stress from work and the changes brought by the pandemic in the past few years.
Aside from that, your kids will have the opportunity to meet their aunts and uncles in person and not just see their pictures on social media. At the end of the day, you will leverage the fresh air, blue ocean, and bonding time that you can get from everyone in your clan.
Tip: Before your travel day, make sure that you can plan things ahead of time. You can use this list to ensure that you will have fun on your vacation and not forget anything at home.
- Make sure that you can request a few days of vacation leave from your boss and get his approval beforehand. This will ensure that you will not face any problems at work once you go back.
- Prepare your luggage the night before. Place the essentials first so you will not forget them. This includes hygiene products, towels, clothes, socks, and a medicine kit. If you are bringing a baby, keep in mind to include some baby clothes, formula milk if needed, and diapers.
- Secure your IDs, driver’s license, and other important documents in your wallet in case the need arise to get it.
- Rest well before your travel day so you can cope with everything that will transpire the next day. Yes, this can be challenging especially if you haven’t prepared your essentials yet. But, remember that your entire family relies on you. If you are energetic, you can surely make this summer vacation a blast, allowing everyone to enjoy the lesser restrictions of alert level 1. If not, you will end up feeling groggy during the trip and be in a bad mood.
- Orient everyone to your summer destination. This is very important especially if you have several toddlers with you. Inform your loved ones of the itinerary, travel time, and mode of transportation that you will use. Conversely, do not forget to lay out some rules to make the whole trip organize and less stressfu
Meanwhile, if you are planning to travel by land and looking for a reliable vehicle to use for your summer vacation, consider buying a repo car from Automart.PH! We offer various types of used cars like vans, perfect for carrying a large group of passengers at the same time. Just visit our website and browse through the available models that we are selling. Or, call our official mobile number if you are looking for something that is not listed there. We will help you get one in no time. Furthermore, we offer online reservations and car loan applications to our customers so you won’t have to visit our store just to secure your desired automobile. With us, you can surely find something worth your hard-earned money! Satisfaction guaranteed!
Indeed, alert level 1 can make a huge difference to the lives of everyone living in cities under that restriction. So, make the most out of it with your family! Have a lovely summer vacation and keep safe!